Monday, June 18, 2007

What a summer

Well this is going to be a fairly long post so for those of you who hate reading can quit about NOW. OK you've made it this far now I'm going to tell you everything that's happened recently.



First off I want to thank everybody who's giving me prayer or money towards LA I need $210 left and I'm good to go (so I mean if you wanna hook a brotha up that's cool too lol) but you guys have no clue how much it means to me that you would give me your time and money (things that are very valuable to society now) so that I could go lead some people to Jesus in LA THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU.



Secondly I've managed to write some poetry this week and I must say God is a pretty good poet. So now I'm going to let you read them. This first one My boy Paul Musso helped me write.



You see it all starts with this thought in your brain,

That if you try to change the world people think your insane.



But you ain't gotta worry bout what people say,

Cause if you reppin God everything is OK.



Yeah people gonna say you whacked up, jacked up, tell you shut up

but don't give up, instead raise him up.



Because you see people they'll notice the difference, they'll notice the change

And then all of them they'll proclaim his name.



and now this one I wrote the other day (It's my favorite as well)



You see god doesn't care about your little reputation

He cares way more about where's your destination



He doesn't care about money or fame

He wants to know how many times did you spread his name



Did you reach out to that person show them some love

Or did you pass on by giving a shrug



God wants you to make good choices and to live well

He wants to make sure we don't end up in Hell.



We're one of God's children we're part of his name

Now go change the world and don't be ashamed.



Yeah tell me those aren't tight I'm pretty impressed personally but yeah that's that.





Finally today I was reading my cell bible. (I got the entire bible on my phone its pretty gangsta) and I read Romans 1:6 it was pretty cool so I started to read 1-6 and it kind of gave me like a five point sermon. Not literally but you get what I mean so I'm gonna share those with you.

Romans 1:1-2 says " "From Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle and appointed to spread the Good News of God."(God had already promised this Good News through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures)"

I thought this was pretty cool because us as Christians cry out for our calling like I want to be a youth pastor when I grow up and I pray about it often asking God just let me be a youth pastor. I don't know why I pray that I know it's promised and God's will is going to happen anyway but that was just a cool little thing to think about.

Romans 1:3-4 " "This Good News is about his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. In his human nature he was a descendant of David. In His spiritual, holy nature he was declared the Son of God. This was shown in a powerful way when he came back to life."

I love this because In my human nature I'm a descendant of the Barry family and only Barry's are in that. But spiritually we are all Descendants of Christ. This made me think about a movie I watched yesterday called American History X (I don't advise anyone to watch it, it's pretty gross) But it's about these skinheads and the main one goes to jail and changes and starts to accept other races besides white people and it's a pretty weird movie with a good story line. But I thought about how they actually have people who hate other Races. It's real it happens. but if we're all descendants of Christ that makes us all the same nobody's higher than the other because we all come form the same spiritual family.

Romans 1:5-6 "Through him we have received God's kindness and the privilege of being apostles who bring people from every nation to the obedience that is associated with faith. This if for the honor of his name. You are among those who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ."

This is just flat out awesome I love verse 6 "you are among those who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ" How awesome is that there is a limit to people who are going to be saved (well not a limit but it says in the Bible not everyone will be saved) but the fact that God chose us. I mean that's like something everybody wants is to be chosen. Chosen for that team, that job, that group anything we want to be chosen and God chose us. He loves us and it's so cool to think about all that he did and all we can do.

Well that's all for now I'm all blogged out so I'm gonna go I love ya PEACE







Love,




T-Barry

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyler! Your Awesome!! I hope that one day God will work through me like he works through you!! U rox!!

Amanda said...

Preach, preacher. I also feel a future white rapper in the making. Don't let anyone tell you that you are less than awesome! Please keep on being a mentor to my boy.My family is blessed to have you in our lives!

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

That poetry stuff is awesome! That thing about God chose us is something that if you think about it makes you feel pretty special. Your thoughts just blow my mind.
-Alexandra Pilgrim(I go to Equip and Closer)

Kelsey Michelle said...

The poetry is pretty sweet. and the stuff that was in Romans, what you said, its all true. thats awesome.

Anonymous said...

your poetry was amazing!!! the second one you posted was like really good!!!!! c y alater- Jessica Schafer

Anonymous said...

T-Barry-
Im so proud of you! I feel like a parent or something bc i have watched you grow up. Now you and Musso are all preachin and casting demons out and stuff!! For real ..im so proud of you and the person your allowing God to make u!
Much love-Heather