Thursday, July 26, 2007

L.A. baby

Wow L.A. was probably the coolest thing of the entire summer
I saw so many hurt people who were revealed to the love of Jesus through kids it was awesome.

So I guess now you guys are expecting some awesome story about how I talked to someone and they got saved but honestly I have nothing.

So many people have said man you gotta tell me some stories but honestly I have none.

This being my first mission trip was an experience like no other. I saw things that I really was not expecting at all.

I saw people lighting, slinging, and doing crack. I stepped over a few syringes that people had probably just got done shooting heroine with. I saw hurt people looking for pleasure in things that belong to the world that only satisfy them temporarily instead of for eternally like the love of Jesus. I got cussed at and persecuted by homeless people who thought that I thought I was better than them and that's why I was handing out cookies and water and prayers to them. I saw girls giving themselves away because they thought they were no good. and I also saw people accept prayer, and Jesus. I saw people grateful for the blessing and wanted to get back on their feet.

So I may not have some slammin story about how little billy got saved because I shared the love of Jesus. But now I can walk into school ready for whatever comes my way because I've been through it now and I know how it feels and I've seen way beyond what I'd see in a school hallway. So even though I have no stories and nothing cool. God did prepare me for what's coming this year and now I can be ready.



Love,



T-Barry

No comments: